Clearly this is not a pet-related post.
Because it’s my birthday, please enjoy this recipe I invented last year, that turned out to be The Greatest Pitcher of Margaritas Ever. 🙂
Three big limes for the drinks plus two extra limes for garnish
Three big lemons
salt for the rims
2 cans frozen limeade
750mL bottle Martell VS Cognac (or equivalent higher end brandy)
750 mL bottle Centenario Anejo (or whatever tequila looks good at the time)
muddler & muddle-friendly container
STEP 1: Initial Citrus Fruit Preparation (Can be done the night before)
- Zest all three lemons and three of the limes.
- Juice zested lemons and limes.
- Add the juice to the zest.
- Combine with superfine sugar and two pinches salt, muddle, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. (should make about 12oz of juice)
STEP 2: Limeade Makes The Perfect Mixer
- In a large pitcher, combine frozen limeade and water.
- Filter ingredients from STEP 1 through a sieve, and add that to the limeade.
STEP 3A: If you choose to mix drinks one at a time
- Dip the rim of each glass in lime juice, then into coarse salt and/or sugar to rim glass.
- Make individual drink: 1.5oz tequila, 1/2 oz Presidente brandy, 1/2 oz Cointreau, and 3.5oz mix from STEP 2.
- (split that further, into two smaller 3oz drinks, if you prefer)
- Garnish with lime slices.
- Sip and enjoy!
STEP 3B: If you prefer to make a big ol’ pitcher
- Combine limeade/zest mixture from STEP 2 with the 12oz brandy/12oz Cointreau/750mL Tequila in a pitcher.
I hope you’ll try this recipe for your next summer party, and love it as much as we did last year! ~~ Dr. Magnusson